Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Knit Bikini?

Ok, so it’s not exactly itsy, bitsy, teeny, or weeny. But it is a knit bikini! Well a bikini top anyway.

One day I got it in my head that I could totally make a bikini happen! Its just a few triangles and some string, right? How hard could it be?

Well much harder when you don’t actually know how to knit a triangle! However, being an avid googler, I googled that biotch till I found a pattern for a knit bikini which led me to a tutorial on how to knit triangles! I figured out the whole triangle thing with some trial and error and then completely ignored the pattern to make my own creation!

They aren’t exactly what you’d want to wear swimming but around here with the ocean breeze, a knit bikini isn’t as impractical as it sounds. Makes a really cute little summer top for those who have the tummy for such for things. I have fun wearing them under low cut things so the show but my tummy is hidden.


  

Above in green is the first one I made! /i have to say I actually really love how it came out!



 
This here is number 2!

And last but not least, the bright green I made for St. Patty's Day!

  

I am wearing a cami bra underneath this last one. I was playing with a variation on the style and it did not cover as well as the other two.



Finally, here is a shot of a more practical application!







No comments:

Post a Comment