Friday, August 27, 2010

"Would You Like to Swing on a Star, Carry Moonbeams Home in a Jar..."

So you may recall that in the beginning it mentioned that this was supposed to be a craft blog. Not just knitting but all my crafty pursuits. These days most of my crafting involves knitting but I do put my energies towards other projects from time to time.
By each doorway in my dad’s apartment building there is a little ledge. It would probably be more practical to use it to rest groceries or mail and the like while unlocking the door but most use it for flowers and seasonal displays.
My dad and I have had a good time setting up all sorts of little tableaus with things like green army men toys and action figures. My dad’s apartment building is actually rent controlled for seniors, I think it’s 55 and over. After a while we noticed that some of the stuff we used to disappearing or getting moved around by kids coming to visit their grandparents and in some cases, grown ups who never learned to keep their hands to themselves. So we had stopped creating displays for a while but recently we decided it was time to put up something new.
To that end, I present the final frontier! Complete with aliens and space ships and glitter glue! I had a fabulous time putting this one together. I am always excited to play with glitter and glitter glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment