Friday, July 16, 2010

Flower Girl Dress


Flower Girl Dress
So last August one of my best friends in the world got married to a knitter. His wife is a much better knitter than I am and knit the ring bearer’s pillow.
I told you that story to tell you this one:
When I got back from the wedding another friend announced her engagement and began planning her wedding. I immediately offered to knit a ring pillow for her little girl to carry. They were planning a small wedding so the idea was a pillow with the rings and some flowers pinned to it for their three year old to carry.
In planning out the pillow I decided I should knit her a flower girl dress as well! At some point the pillow fell by the wayside. We went through several different ideas for the dress. Since I didn’t really know what I was doing, the first dress didn’t work out so well and I ended up improvising a finished product on the morning before the wedding!
 

After taking apart the first dress I i sewed this piece together to create a tube dress and then used to the ribbon to make some straps.

  

The ribbon also came in handy for a list minute embellishment at the hem!


 
This is not, unfortunately, a great shot of the dress but you can't deny my model looks very cute in it. For the record I had no hand in the long sleeve shirt and leggings she was wearing underneath.

I also did the flower arranging for the flower girl basket she is holding!



No comments:

Post a Comment