Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You Can Leave Your Hat On

Since I am mostly self taught as a knitter, there are some definite holes in my knowledge. I very much enjoy challenging myself to learn knew knitting techniques but I also enjoy figuring out how to make what I want to make with the skills I have.

Several months ago, while searching different scarves for ideas, I stumbled across someone who had made sort of neck cuff that could be cinched at the top and turned into a hate. This design was perfect for me because I only needed to be able to make a wide rectangle and cinch it at the top to make a hat with a poof at the top.

So I set to work making my first hat. It was completely unintentional, but a very happy accident that I ended up with a flower shape on top of the hat!

The first is all white because, well, I was experimenting and I had a lot of white on hand. Lately I’m having fun experimenting with more colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment