Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Piece of Cake

Well they say necessity is the mother of invention, usually my knitting invention necessities are gift giving occasions.

This one was for my dad’s birthday. He asked me to make something interesting for him so after several attempts at a knit birthday card I finally realized it would be a lot smarter to make a cake!

Then I realized I didn’t know how to make a circle thus making it harder to make a whole cake. Luckily I’m not a complete dork and I realized I could make triangles and rectangles which were enough to make a piece of cake!

I absolutely love how this project came out and so did my dad! He took it to work and left it on his desk to show it off and people kept walking in and thinking it was real cake!

The candle kinda confounded me for a while, I couldn’t figure out how to do the flame or get it to stand up and then I stumbled across some sparkly pipe cleaners in our craft stuff. BINGO!

Also, in case you’re wondering, the first picture is of how I wrapped the cake to give it to my dad…you know, because when you send someone home with a piece of cake you put it on a paper plate and cover it in tinfoil!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment